Development & Building Permit
- Submit your full set of application to the Physical Planning Department
- Attach completed land ownership document from Lands Commission
- Attach three copies of any valid ID card
- Attach four copies of architectural drawings signed by a certified Architect
- Attach four copies of structural drawings signed by an Engineer
- Proposed development must conform to zoning status
- A certified soil test report
- Fire certified report including drawings from the Ghana National Fire Service
- Environmental Protection Agency Permit
- Structural integrity report in case construction development has already commenced or is completed
Additional statutory requirements:
- Business Registration Certificate (for organizations).
- Business Operating Permit (for organizations).
- Up to date Property Rate payment (Existing Buildings)
For Organisations: A developer may be asked to provide additional information depending on usage, size, etc.
For Existing Buildings: Some Development Projects require a prior application for “Planning Permission –in- Principle” before application for a substantive Development /Building permit
- Building Permit Application Form –one (1) copy
- Title Search one (1) copy
- Indenture or Deed of assignment or Land Title Certificate one (1) Copy
- Architectural Drawing four (4) copies
- Structural Drawings four (4) copies)
- Structural Calculation Report four (4) copies)
- Fire Report three (3) copies
- Mechanical or Services Drawing four (4) copies
- Geotechnical Report Structural Integrity Report three (3) copies
- Environmental Permit one (1) copy
- Traffic Impact Assessment (T.I.A) (three (3) bound copies)
- Hydrological Services Report (if requested) (three (3) bound copies)
Note: Apart from the cost of the Permit Application Form and Submission Fees, all other costs are arrived after going through each process based on the fee fixing resolution of the Assembly for that year.