Physical And Natural Environment
The Effia-Kwesimintsim Municipal Assembly is one of the twenty-three Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies in the Western Region. It is located in the Southern part of the Western Region and its capital Kwesimintsim is about 230Km west of the national capital, Accra; and 5Km west of Takoradi, the Regional capital. It shares boundaries with Ahanta West District to the west, Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolitan Assembly to the South and East and Mpohor District Assembly to the North. The Municipality occupies land area of 54.44 Square Kilometers, which represent about 0.25% of the total land size of the Western Region.
- Provide timely services
- Open and accountable to our clients.
- Responsive to needs of the citizenry.
- Promote harmonious co-existence.
The functions of the Effia-Kwesimintsim Municipal Assembly are outline in the Legislative Instrument (L.I.2322) which established the EKMA. The functions are summarized as follows:
- Provision of a sound sanitary and healthy environment;
- Provision of educational infrastructure for first and second cycle schools;
- Provision of markets and lorry parks within the Municipality;
- The planning and development control of all infrastructure within EKMA;
- Activities bordering on the maintenance of peace and security with in the Municipality;
- Provision of public safety and comfort;